iPhone in the Lake District part 3.

 

There's not much evidence left of the Roman Fort of Galava, situated at Waterhead near Ambleside but what there is gives one an idea of its layout and size. In the same field cows graze happily and I made this photograph looking back across the ancient site towards Lake Windermere. (Click it to enlarge). It's a peaceful place now but back in the 2nd Century AD this must have been a bustling area with ships bringing supplies to and from the fort.

The iPhone SE20 handled the foreground, middle distance and background of the scene well. I made the focus point the tree to capture the detail of the bark. I photographed the same scene with my Canon PowerShot SX70 HS. I have yet to post-process that image but at first glance the iPhone appears to have done the better job.